Options are variations on your item that your customers can book. For example, if your inventory item is a bus tour, its options may be the times of day the tour runs.
To add bookable options to an inventory item, navigate to that item’s details page.
Under the heading Bookable Options you can see any options that are already associated with the item. To add another, click Create Option.
Options can include many details:
- Name: The name that will be displayed to visitors to your Rezgo website.
- Time: The option’s starting time.
- Availability Type: Whether your option should be listed by date, or should be bookable without selecting a date (“open availability”).
- Availability: The number of the number of spots or seats that are available for this option. If, for example, you have a 15 passenger van, then you might set this value to 15. You can also choose to show or hide the actual availability number from your customers. If your availability is less than 20, it’s best to leave the toggle set to “show.”
- Date: The dates that the option can be booked for. This can be a single date, a range of dates, a scattered selection of dates, days of the week, or you can list the option as always available.
- Check-in: The time you’d like guests to check-in.
- Min Guests: The minimum number of guests required to book the option.
- Cutoff: The number of days or hours between the event’s date and when you want to stop taking bookings for it. If you have set a time for the option, this will be hours or days before that time. If you don’t have a time set, this will be hours or days before 00:01 the day of the event.
- Cancellation: The number of days or hours between the event’s date and when you want to stop accepting cancellations for it. This will not prevent cancellations, but it may be useful information for your users and resellers. If you have set a time for the option, this will be hours or days before that time. If you don’t have a time set, this will be hours or days before 00:01 the day of the event.
- Duration: The amount of time the option will take, in minutes, hours or days.
- Advanced Options: This is where you can set deposit, block sizes or change the default booking status.
Pricing Tiers let you specify prices for different categories of guests. The pricing label should specify who the price applies to–for instance, Adult, Child or Senior passengers. You can toggle whether the price level is required or not. For example, if at least one adult or one senior ticket must be booked, then the toggle for both the Adult and Senior price tiers should be set to “required” or checked off.You can also specify age ranges for these tiers if you so choose, as well as the original/cost price for these tiers.
Pricing Bundles allow you to combine pricing tiers to offer discounted rate for family bundles and other combinations.
Attached Merchandise allow you to always include specific merchandise in a booking when it’s booked through the Rezgo point of sale.
Email alerts should list any email address that need to receive a notification whenever the option is booked.
Booking labels are labels that will be applied to any booking that includes this option.
Assignments allow you to set where and to whom front-end bookings should be assigned.
Option Distribution lets you configure your option to work with third-party distributors. You can ignore this unless you already have a relationship with those distributors.
Pickup Locations are locations your customers can select to be picked up before the tour or activity.
Line Items are taxes or fees that will be applied to bookings that include this option.
Booking fields are fields that will be asked of the customer that books the option. You can set the information that will always be asked, if any, and you can also add additional fields.
After you fill out all the necessary details, click Create Option.
From the Inventory list
You can also create options directly from the inventory list.
1. Navigate to Inventory in the main menu.
2. Click the action button next to the the item you want to add an action to.
3. Click Create Option.
4. This will take you to the Create New Option page, where you can continue with the process detailed above.