When your event’s availability depends on seats in a vehicle, staffing numbers, rental availability, or other resources, you can create an option with resource-based availability.
Like events with Daily Availability, these options are still available on dates you set, and can have their availability adjusted manually as needed. But their availability will also adapt dynamically to the state of your resources: how many more people your tour guide can lead, how many more seats your bus has available, and so on.
To create a resource-based option, start by creating an option.
1. When you need to choose an availability type, select Resource Availability.
2. Toggle whether or not you want the option’s current availability to be shown to your customers (1).
3. Decide whether your option should have a static start time or if customers should be able to select their own start time (2). For example, you might want your customer to show up at the set time of their tour, or you might want them to choose their own timing for a rental or a private event.
- If you choose Static start time, enter your event’s start time.
- If you choose “User can select a start time,” enter the time range where you can offer the event or rental (a), and select the intervals you want to offer–from every five minutes up to every hour (b). You can then select or unselect individual start times to adjust your offering (c).
5. Add a booking cutoff, if needed (4). This is the number of days or hours before the event where customers can no longer make bookings. If the option has a start time or the customer has selected a start time, this will be the number of hours or days before that time. Otherwise, it will be the number of hours or days before 00:01 the day of the event.
6. Add a cancellation cutoff (5), if needed. This is the number of days or hours before the event when it can no longer be cancelled. This will not prevent cancellations, but it may be useful information for your users and resellers.
7. Select your available dates (6). Your option can be available every day, on one single date, for a date range, on certain days of the week, or on selected dates. After you create the option, you can also change the available days with rules or adjustments.