If you sell inventory through Expedia, Viator, Orbitz or EBG, you can import their booking emails directly into Rezgo. Imported booking emails are brought into Rezgo as back-end/point-of-sale bookings. Note that imported bookings are subject to transaction fees at the back-office rate.
Set Up Imports
1. Navigate to Settings > General Settings.
2. Under Email Import, check the companies you sell inventory through.
3. Create an email address that you can send third-party booking emails to by entering a custom name in the Import Address field. This is the address you will forward third-party booking emails to.
Next, you will need to update your inventory options to include the IDs of the same inventory on the third-party site.
First, get an inventory option’s ID code from Expedia, Viator, Orbitz or EBG. Then follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the edit page of the same option in Rezgo.
2. Under Option Distribution, locate the field for the third-party site.
3. Enter the option’s ID from the third-party site.
4. Click Save Changes.
When importing bookings, Rezgo will search the inventory database using this ID as the identifier and create a booking that matches the third-party booking.
Once your inventory is set up, you can begin to forward booking emails. You can check on the status of imported emails by checking your Messages list.
1. Navigate to Messages in the main menu.
2. Find the import message in the messages list.
3. Click to open it.
A message that successfully imports a booking will note that with a Valid flag. You can read the message content to confirm that the correct information was imported. There may be additional details from the booking you need to add manually to the Rezgo booking.
A message that fails to import will note that with an Error flag. There may be more information on the cause for the error. Failed imports may need to be entered manually through the Point of Sale system.
Please note that if you want to import bookings from Viator, you can also connect with the Viator Supplier API.