Protecting your customers & your bottom line
TourShield provides your customers with ticket protection & increases sales conversions
Customer purchase protection built-in by default.
TourShield is industry leading insurance coverage developed by FanShield, LLC, technology company who will, for a small fee as a percentage of your customer’s ticket order, reimburse them for their entire amount paid, aside from the cost of the policy, if they’re unable to attend the event for a qualified reason. The most impressive aspect of TourShield is the scope of coverage.
- Work travel conflicts
- Family emergencies
- Unexpected illness
- Car accidents
- And other common issues
Benefits of offering ticket protection
Businesses see a 4-7% average increase in sales by converting on-the-fence buyers.
46% average reduction in refunds and charge backs.
Drive more sales before your guests travel, increasing cash flow and preparation.
Peace of mind
Ticket insurance provides peace of mind and increases your brand reputation.
All of those benefits are at no cost to you and with the increase in conversion, having TourShield in your checkout flow is advantageous on many levels.
The pricing varies and will be dynamically calculated by TourShield in the checkout.
TourShield’s Standard Policy covers many of the perils that can keep someone from attending an event. From accidents and severe weather to family emergencies and the common cold, TourShield has you covered. As with any type of insurance, our Standard coverage requires documentation when a claim is filed. However, TourShield makes the claims process as simple as possible. They give those who have filed a claim the ability to quickly and conveniently upload their documentation.
- Public Transportation delay resulting in missing the event
- Car breakdown within 48 hours of the event
- The insured or the insured’s spouse is laid off or terminated from their current employer
- A death of the insured’s family member within (30) days prior to the date of the event.
- Serious illness or serious injury to the insured’s family member.
- Unforeseen serious illness or serious injury to the insured resulting in non-attendance of the covered event.
- Unforeseen serious illness or serious injury requiring hospitalization or is considered life-threatening that occurs to a member of the insured’s family after coverage came into effect.
- Unforeseen severe weather conditions which result in the insured being unable to attend the event.
- The insured is requested for either jury duty, subpoena, or court.
- Fire burglary, vandalism, flood or natural disaster causes the insured’s home to be uninhabitable after the coverage came into effect.
- Fire, burglary, vandalism, flood, or natural disaster caused the insured’s work to be unsuitable for normal business.
- The insured is involved in a traffic accident the day of the event.
- The insured’s personal leave is denied if on active military duty; disciplinary reasons exempt from coverage.
- The insured is required to travel for work-related purposes that conflict with the date the event occurs.
- The insured or insured’s spouse is relocated 100 miles from their primary residence by their current employer.
Reasons not covered are event cancellation, unlawful acts committed by certificate holder or their family, Government intervention or regulation, epidemic, pandemic, pollution, threat of pollutant release, civil unrest, civil disorder, Acts of War, Terrorism, or Acts of God which includes natural disasters.
It’s simple! The fastest way to file a claim is to quickly fill out the online Claims Wizard at ticketguardian.net/fileaclaim or your customers can email TourShield at firstname.lastname@example.org. If they are looking for a friendly voice on the other line they can also call 866-675-4673 (8am-6pm PST).
In order to provide TourShield to your customers, you must be taking payments via a supported payment gateway and your base currency must be USD, CAD, BRL, GBP, EUR, JPY, or MXN.
No. Payment is collected directly by TourShield during the booking process. If there is an issue with payment, TourShield will contact the customer directly. Adding ticket protection to an order will not affect your bookings or payments at all.
No, offering ticket protection is completely free of cost.
No, if you offer ticket protection, you should not offer a refund for cancellations. You should only offer a refund in the event that you have to cancel the tour or event for whatever reason and you are unable to reschedule or rebook the customer.
Ticket protection only protects your customer in the event that they cannot show up for a tour or event. If you cancel a tour or event, it is up to you to refund or reschedule the tour or event with your customers.
Explore Our Software
See why businesses around the World already trust Rezgo.