When you take a booking through the Rezgo point of sale, the customer might not be present to pay. In those cases, you can send the customer a payment request so they can easily and securely pay for their booking by credit card.
- Payment requests can be sent by email or SMS.
- Payment request emails use your standard email template.
- Payment requests can only be sent if you can accept credit card payments.
- You can send a payment request for full or partial payments.
1. Click Request Payment.
2. Enter the amount to request from the customer (1). This can be anything up to the total remaining balance on the booking.
3. Select an expiry for the payment request (2). This is optional, and will inform the customer that the request is expired if they try to pay after the cutoff.
4. Select whether to send the request link by email or SMS (3). You can also choose not to send it at all, if you just want to get the link.
5. Enter the customer’s email or phone number (4). If the booking already has an email or phone number associated with it, this will be filled automatically.
6. Enter your message for the customer (5). This will be shown to the customer in the email body (for email requests) and on the payment page.
7. Click Create Payment Request. The payment request will be sent to the email address or phone number you provided.
For email requests, the customer will receive an email using your Rezgo email template, with the custom message entered in step 5 and a link to the payment form. SMS requests will send a link to the form. This payment form is on your Rezgo domain and uses the same checkout a normal front-end booking would. Here is an example using the default Rezgo template, with a custom message (1):
You can also view the form the customer will see by getting a payment request link and opening it in your own web browser.
When the request has been paid, you’ll be notified in your Rezgo message center. You can also set up email alerts.