If a customer cancels a booking, you can change its status to ‘Cancelled.’ This will prevent you from being charged a transaction fee for the booking, or ensure that the fee is credited back to your Rezgo account.
Please note that cancelling a booking doesn’t refund the customer’s payment, and you cannot process refunds through Rezgo – you will need to process them through your payment gateway’s virtual terminal, PayPal, or manual payment method as required.
Change Booking Status
1. Navigate to the booking’s details page.
2. Click the button next to Status, which may say Pending or Received.
This will bring up the Set Status window.
3. Click Cancelled.
– By default, changing a booking’s status will notify the customer of the change if there is an email address associated with the booking. If you don’t want the customer to be notified that the booking has been cancelled, uncheck this box (1).
– If this is an open booking, you can also choose to refund the availability of the booking back to the option in question.
4. Click OK to confirm that you want to cancel the booking.
This will change the booking’s status to Cancelled.
If you have already taken payment for the booking and need to reconcile a refund, you can add a negative transaction to the booking.
Do not process this transaction through your payment gateway.
Adding a negative transaction amount and attempting to process the payment through your payment gateway will result in an additional charge to the customer’s credit card.
To add a negative transaction, follow these steps:
1. On the booking details page, click Add Transaction.
2. Enter the amount that has been refunded, led with a “-“.
3. Click Enter.
Note: Cancelling the booking and adding a negative transaction on the Rezgo back-end doesn’t mean you have actually refunded the money to your customer.
If your customer made payment through payment gateway or PayPal, you will need to process the refund in your payment gateway’s virtual terminal. If you processed the payment manually, please use your terminal or contact your credit card company in order to process the refund.