If you’re using Stripe as your payment gateway on Rezgo, you may be able to use a Stripe-approved EMV terminal to take on-site payments. If you’re not using Stripe yet, it’s quick and easy to sign up.
Stripe offers card reader hardware to users in some markets. Visit Stripe and log into your dashboard for more information about hardware availability.
Once you have a Stripe card reader and you’ve connected Stripe to Rezgo, connecting the card reader to Rezgo and Stripe takes only a few steps.
First, connect your Stripe card reader to power and internet as described in its documentation. Then navigate to Settings in your Rezgo menu.
1. Click Accept Payments.
2. Click Add Point of Sale Payment Method.
3. Click Stripe Terminal.
4. Key the code provided by Rezgo into your Stripe terminal (1).
Your terminal will show a unique registration code in response.
5. Enter the name you want the payment method to show up as in the point of sale (2).
6. Enter the unique registration code from your terminal (3).
7. Click Add EMV Terminal (4).
Once the terminal is connected to Rezgo, it will automatically be linked to your Stripe account.
When you select the EMV terminal as a payment method in the point of sale, Rezgo will first confirm that your terminal is connected before you can complete the transaction. If the terminal doesn’t respond, check its connections and click Retry.