Rules let you define pricing and availability based on specific conditions. For example, you can create a rule that lets you set day of the week availability for your inventory items, or a pricing rule that changes your pricing based on a date range—useful if you want to offer your low times at a discounted price in order to fill seats.
There are two parts to any rule:
- Rule conditions—these define the criteria under which the rule will take effect.
- Rule actions—these are the outcomes of the rule, like pricing or availability changes.
To create a rule, select Rules from the main menu.
- Click Create Rule
- Enter a name for your rule. In this example, we'll create a promotional code and call it "Promo Code 1."
- Enter a description for your rule. We'll use this promo code to decrease prices, so we'll describe it as "10% discount."
- Click Add New Condition to bring up the rule conditions menu.
- Click 'Promotional code is…'
- Enter a unique promotional code, using only letters and numbers—no spaces or special characters.
- Enter the maximum number of times you'd like your code to be able to be used.
- Click Add New Action to bring up the rule actions menu.
- Click 'Set all prices to…'
- Select Decrease in the first selection box, then enter 10% in the remaining boxes to decrease all prices by 10%. You also have the option of increasing or setting all prices, and changing your prices by a fixed amount.
- Click Save Changes to save your new rule.