Custom booking fields let you get more information from your customers during the booking process. If you need to ask for their height, weight, shoe size, or other necessary information, you can create questions that will be presented to either the primary booking customer or to all guests in the booking. Custom fields are specific to options, so you can ask different questions for different options.
There are two types of custom fields you can make. Guest forms can be filled out for every guest included in the booking. Primary Forms are only filled out once, by the primary booking customer.
To create a new custom booking field, do the following:
- Find the option you want to add forms to in the list of inventory items and options.
- Click the yellow pencil icon to edit the option.
- Click Add Guest Forms or Add Primary Forms under the Booking Fields heading.
- Select the type of field you’d like to use from the list provided.
- Enter a name for the field.
- Enter the instructions you’d like to display with the field to the booking customer.
- Select whether the field is required or not.
- Fill out any additional options.
- Click Add This Field.
When you’ve added all the additional booking fields you need, click Save Changes.
Once you’ve created booking fields, you can reuse them for other options. Navigate to the option with the custom field you created, and click Copy All Forms. This will let you select any fields you’ve created and copy them to any other option. You can select whether you’d like them to replace the option’s existing fields, or add them before or after existing fields. Click Apply Changes when you’re done.
You can also bundle your forms for later use by clicking the arrow next to Add Guest Forms or Add Primary Forms and clicking Bundle Current Forms. Enter a name for your own reference and click OK to save your bundle.