There are a variety of tools available for you to use to execute your articulation objectives. Most of the most popular tools are free or very low cost and can be integrated with your existing web site withe relative ease.
If you are not already using a content management system that supports blogging, I would highly recommend that you consider setting up a blog on a CMS that supports blogging. Joomla, Mambo, and Drupal can all be made to support blogging. In addition, the WordPress platform (which was originally developed as a blogging platform) can be used as a CMS. If the platform does not support blogging, then I recommend you create a separate blog site hosted on your domain, for example blog.yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.com/blog.
Additional modules that should be part of your blog include:
- Disqus comment system
- Gravatar support
- Facebook Like Button Support
- Tweetmeme or Twitter Button support
These additional modules are available for various blogging and cms systems and will increase the social sharing of your content and give your readers the ability to spread your content when and where appropriate. In addition to your blog you can now distribute your content from your blog to your Facebook fan page and through Twitter using Twitterfeed. In order to connect your blog to Facebook and Twitter you need to make the following adjustments:
- Facebook – Connect your fan page notes to your blog feed. Facebook will allow you to import your blog feed on a regular basis and re-publish your blog posts on your public fan page.
- TwitterFeed.com – Twitterfeed allows you to post notices to your twitter account whenever you add posts to your blog. It is important that this should only be used in conjunction with regular conversational tweets. If not, your account will be perceived as a push marketing mechanism and will not be actively followed.
The bottom line is that the technology to get your content online is the least challenging part of the equation. In order to be successful during the articulation phase, it is imperative that you produce content that specifically meets the needs of your customers based on what they tell you during the listening and engagement phases.
Search The Blog
Most Popular Articles
- Set-jetting, Forest Bathing, and Hush Trips: 20 Innovative Tourism Business Ideas and Trends for 2023
- Your Marketing Mix: the 7 Ps of Travel and Tourism Marketing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
- How to Create a Business Plan for Your Tour or Travel Company
- How to Create and Promote Amazing Tour Packages