We’ve saved 3 secret tips just for you to help your tour or activity business boost your conversions.
1.The Decoy Tip
Human psychology, if used wisely, can help give your conversions a boost.
The “Decoy Effect” is where you frame your prices in such a way that website visitors willingly choose a more expensive option.
Let’s say you have 2 activity package options:
Option A: A 2 day sightseeing tour of New York City for $50.
Option B: A 2 day sightseeing and food tour of New York city for $100.
Any customer who wants to save money will choose Option A.
However, including a decoy option will guide the visitor to choosing Option B – Here’s how.
Include an unreasonable decoy option that makes the other options seem reasonable.
Option C (Decoy Option): A 2 day sightseeing tour of New York City and one free meal for $99.
Option C directs customers to Option B where they receive two tours and full meals for only $1 more.
2. The Audio Tip
Use a 20-second audio clip to explain something of importance to your website visitors.
For example, instead of using a generic description about how you “respect your customer’s privacy” – record a 20-second audio clip explaining the technical details of your security.
Hearing an actual voice describing technical details will make the visitor trust you more.
3. The Follow-up Tip
According to Salecycle 81% of people abandon their online travel booking process.
Reasons for abandonment according to Salecycle
- 39% just looking/want to do more research
- 37% price is too high/ wants to compare
- 21% need to check with fellow travelers
- 13% booking process is too long/complicated checkout
- 9% technical issue/lost connection
- 7% payment issue/ lack of payment options
Follow-up via email with your website visitors to get them back to the booking process.
- Ensure that you follow up right away. If the visitor chooses to complete their booking with someone else then you’ve miss your chance.
- Avoid sending too many emails within a short period. Spamming your visitors will only drive them away more.
- Track the effectiveness of your emails to see which ones increase conversions more.
Search The Blog
Most Popular Articles
- Set-jetting, Forest Bathing, and Hush Trips: 20 Innovative Tourism Business Ideas and Trends for 2023
- Your Marketing Mix: the 7 Ps of Travel and Tourism Marketing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
- How To Be A Better Tour Guide
- How to Create a Business Plan for Your Tour or Travel Company