We are looking for a talented and motivated full stack developer to join the Rezgo team. You’ll get to work on one of the leading tour and activity reservation systems on the market and hang out with some amazing people.
We are completely virtual which means you’ll primarily be working from where ever you are located. We meet once a week for a full team meeting in person (or virtually if required). We would prefer a full-time employee for this position. We’d like to hire locally (Vancouver area) if we can, but we are more interested in finding the right person with the right fit.
You are creative, self motivated, humble, caring, confident, and fun with practical experience. You enjoy solving problems and you tackle challenges by being practical yet innovative. You are fluent in many languages including PHP, MySQLi, JQuery, HTML5, PHP, XML, JSON, as well as English. You can turn thoughts and user experiences requirements into code that makes Rezgo customers happy.
You have built web and e-commerce applications in PHP / JQuery / HTML 5, SQL, XML, JSON, and Bootstrap. You have integrated third party APIs. You understand the finer details of PCI-DSS and you are security conscious. You have a good working knowledge of Amazon AWS and associated services. You are careful to make sure your code is well written, documented, and secure.
In addition, we would love it if you had experience with:
Rezgo is a ten-year-old software company located primarily in North Vancouver, B.C. We are solely focused on the in-destination tours and activities vertical and are considered a leading provider of software to this market. We have a diverse customer base of tour, activity, and event companies located around the world. Find out more about us.
About the position:
As a full stack developer you will be working with our lead developer to build out functionality for our business customers. You will help build and maintain the core of the Rezgo system.. You’ll be building features and functions into the Rezgo system, so you’ll need to be able to work with existing code and build to our standards. In addition, you’ll be expected to work in tandem with the rest of the development team to make sure changes and fixes are well communicated.
Some of the perks include:
- Hardware allowance (choose your own machine or bring your own)
- Company cellphone with plan (bring your own number)
- Set your own hours (we don’t care when you work as long as stuff gets done)
- Work at home allowance (we’ll cover your home office costs)
- Competitive salary with benefits and bonuses
- Sushi, Thai, or Malay food once a week at team meetings
A few expectations:
- We are not your parents and we won’t babysit you.
- This is the real world, you’re not going to get a medal for participating.
- You will need to be a good communicator. Voice calls are good, but Slack is better.
- This is a team, we all win together. Be available for your team mates.
- There is no corporate ladder, you define your success and happiness within your role.
- Check your ego at the door or better yet, leave it at home.
If you are good with this, then we should chat. As part of the vetting process you will be expected to provide code samples of your work. The three finalists will be tasked with a small development project for which they will be paid. Details will be provided.
To apply for this position, follow the instructions on the LinkedIn Job posting. We won’t be accepting resumes or solicitations by email. Please don’t send Word documents or attachments, they will be ignored. If you look like a good fit, we’ll contact you back.
Please no agencies or recruiters.