If you take deposits for your tour or activity bookings/reservations and are using a credit card payment gateway (for example Chase Paymentech or Authorize.net), you can now process the outstanding balance on bookings directly through your gateway. Traditionally, Rezgo would handle the processing of the deposit through the payment gateway, but the outstanding balance would have to be handled manually through a virtual terminal. Now, however, you can processing the remaining or partial payment directly through your payment gateway. You can also choose whether you want to charge the credit card on file (or the one used for the original transaction) or use a totally different card.
To do a back-office credit card payment, do the following steps:
- From the administration dashboard, click on the Bookings Icon.
- Search for the booking in the left side bar or by using the search box.
- Click on the booking for which you want to add the transaction.
- Click on the “Add Transaction” button located below the “They Owe You:” message.
- Select “Credit Card” from the Type list and check the “Process transaction with…” item.
- Choose either the “Using the card on file” or the “Using a new card” item.
- If you are using a new card, feel out the card details.
- Click the “Enter” button to complete the transaction.
Here is a screen shot of the “Add Transaction” interface for processing a payment using a new card:
We will be updating the support website with more details about using off-line payment. Remember, if you do not accept credit cards online, you may want to consider it. Automatic credit card payments can go a long way to reducing your administration overhead and increasing your revenues.